HoodSkulls® HeroUSMC pair, 43mm (LED-Ready)
HeroUSMC HoodSkulls® are our way of giving something back to the badasses who put their lives on the line to protect our families and freedoms.
HoodSkulls® let you personalize your rig beyond decals and expensive mods. HoodSkulls® can be bolted onto nearly anything with a hole; bumpers, light bars, CB antenna mounts and cowls.
Please read the explanation below of "LED-Ready" and visit our FAQ page for anwers to any lingering questions.
BOLTING ON HOODSKULLS®:
- IMPORTANT! If you are installing your HoodSkulls® on the cowl of a new (2018+) Jeep, you need our JL/JT fitment kit. You do not need the fitment kit on any other vehicle, whether from Toyota, Honda , Mercedes, Ford, Chevrolet, Ram, Nissan, General Motors, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Land Rover, Subaru, Hummer, etc. (but you will need a hole to bolt through).
- HoodSkulls® ship with stainless steel (silver) bolts, and each ships with rubber gaskets to protect the surrounding paint and seal gaps. Stainless steel washers and locknuts are included.
- Removal of the boring, OEM Jeep hood bump is simple. The bolting of our HoodSkulls® is just as easy. Our design team listened to hard core Jeepers, so if you ever lower your windshield to fly like an old school pilot, your HoodSkulls® can rest in your glove box along with the removed windshield bolts. ☠️🔥👊🏻😎 Don't rest your heavy windshield on your HoodSkulls® without padding and glass insurance. Our latest versions of HoodSkulls® incorporate a revised, bolt-through installation process that is simultaneously compatible with old and new Jeeps.
- Please note that a 4mm (or 5mm depending on your order) hex key and 10mm deep socket will be required for installation. Only the hex key is required for installation on a cowl.
- If you take your HoodSkulls® through a carwash with heavy mats beating on them, you may damage small details like horns or tiara. Please select a model that best matches your lifestyle, there’s one for everyone! Evaluate for yourself whether and where to install them on your Jeep, or decide to ultimately keep them on your desk.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING: Shipping is free on domestic orders, not international orders. Production time is typically one week if we don’t have your order in stock.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS, CUSTOMS AND IMPORT TAXES: Customers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs, but the wait will be worth it. HoodSkulls® will make your rig grin.
ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION: Please visit the FAQ section for warranty, material, general information and a smile.
NOTES FROM TEAM HOODSKULLS®
- Keep the fun clean and your Jeep dirty! Thank you in advance for your shout-outs, tags and pics on social media. Thank you for your business!
- BOLTING REMINDER: Stainless steel bolts have their own protective oxide film to prevent corrosion and are especially prone to galling. Galling is caused by metal-to-metal friction that creates heat, which can fuse and seize stainless steel fasteners. You must use a lubricant to avoid galling, and should tighten the stainless steel bolt SLOWLY. If you don't follow these directions and accidentally fuse your stainless steel bolt, you will curse every minute spent sawing through the bolt and HoodSkulls®. Please follow these directions and tighten slowly after lubricating the bolts.
- FUN BUT IMPORTANT: We haven’t tested HoodSkulls® under all road and weather conditions so can’t give any guarantees of their performance under every condition. When you receive your order, you should make the evaluation for yourself whether and where to install them on your vehicle, or decide to ultimately keep them elsewhere. HoodSkulls® are not edible and post a choking hazard if you stick one in your mouth. HoodSkulls® should not be attached to your body, and do not belong inside your body. Anywhere. Under any circumstance.
- HoodSkulls® will be delivered with multiple rubber gaskets per skull. On a JK or earlier edition Jeep, one washer is above the hood and the second beneath. On a JL edition, use our JL fitment hardware. (The stainless steel lock nut and washer are not used when bolting HoodSkulls® to the cowl, since there is an OEM nut welded to the frame beneath the hood). When bolting HoodSkulls® to the cowl of a Jeep JL, our stainless steel bolt will replace the OEM bolt. When inserting our bolt, please use care to allign when tightening, or you could ruin the thread. A drop of lubricant on the bolt tip will help. When installing on the cowl of a Jeep JL, you can use either the upper (nearest windshield) or lower (farthest) cowl holes. We include additional rubber gaskets so you can adjust to the depth of the depression on the JL cowl.
- REMINDER: Light colors will fade when continuously exposed to the sun. If you ordered HoodSkulls®️ in a light color, you should treat them with a UV sealant but still expect some fading. We use materials that can be easily painted, then ship HoodSkulls®️ naked, ready for fun.
LED-Ready When You Are:
HeroUSMC HoodSkulls® are wire channeled for your pre-wired, 12v 5mm, LED bulbs. The eye sockets on our HeroUSMC® are 'plugged', but the 1.5mm thin, visible ‘plug’ can be easily drilled (5/32 bit) through it’s center, giving you access to concealed internal channels for your wires.
LED-READY EXPLAINED: LED-Ready HoodSkulls® do not include LED bulbs or wires. Adding LED's is a DIY mod project that requires semi-advanced skills. 'LED-Ready' does not mean 'plug-and-play'. If you need installation instructions beyond what we posted on our FAQ page, you should not get the LED-Ready version of HoodSkulls®. We don't provide tech support for LED bulbs or their installation. All HoodSkulls® can have LED's installed. However, LED-Ready have built in channels for your wiring, with a clean exit for those wires. Just add your wires and LED 'eyes' (pre-wired 12V, 5mm LED) then connect to relays under your hood and a switch in your cabin. No drilling is required with our LED-Ready HoodSkulls®. There are so many options with LED colors and switches, our DIY fans are having a party with all of the choices. We sell LED-Bulb kits if you need them. Remember to seal gaps around your installed bulbs, and consult your DOT laws about vehicle lighting. Also remember to verify the polarity of your prewired bulbs (black and red are sometimes reversed). Please note that before you install your bulbs, there will be holes in the eye sockets. Please visit our FAQ page and refer to the wiring pictorial links. The installation is generally simple, but diagnosing and repairing a short circuit in your Jeep can be expensive and complicated. Hire a mechanic or electrician.